Friday, June 29, 2007

girls' night out

This happened a week ago, but with all the birthday excitement, it's just now making the blog. Last Friday night, one my favorite bands, Over the Rhine, played a magnificent show in Louisville. Local Bowling Greener (and Over the Rhine fan) Carrie Powell managed to get a night off (with the help of her hubby B.P.) to accompany me and my two sisters to the show. My dad and stepmom took care of Lewis for me, and I have to say it was really fun to leave the babies behind and enjoy some good music.

My sister, Beth, had her iBook along and took a photo of us in anticipation of the show starting. The effects were added by Beth and photo booth.
















Here's a photo of the band:

















At the end I took a short video clip of them performing Gillian Welch's "Orphan Girl."



But after loading that into iTunes, I found a great video from Cornerstone last year of one of my favorite songs that they performed in Louisville. It's called "Born" from Drunkard's Prayer. Enjoy!



If you ever get the chance to see them live, you definitely should! They are one of the most talented musical couples with her big voice and his killer piano playing, as well as their prolific songwriting abilities. It's worth the trip, especially if you can find free babysitting. :)

1 comment:

Brandon Andrew Miles said...

Sarah and I were going to go, but my grandpa in Georgia died, and we had to get out of town. I think we were actually going to see them in Nashville though, so it might have been a different date. Sarah and I were actually at the Cornerstone set you have a video of. They were incredible. They are a nice band for a couple to go see I think. We were sad to miss them, but they'll be back around sometime. glad you had fun!