Friday, January 04, 2008

pregnancy update: 14 weeks

Today was my 14-week check-up, which means I'm in my second trimester, yay! Everything went fine. The baby's heart rate is still high at 174. At 9 weeks, the heart rate was 183 (I'm pretty sure). Lewis' earliest heart rate was 173 (at 10 weeks), so maybe this will be a girl? We'll have to wait 6 weeks for our next ultrasound to know for sure. My doctor likes to do them at 20 weeks, so I'll have another check-up at 18 weeks and then a separate ultrasound appointment two weeks later. It might be better that way!

Otherwise, everything is going well. He measured my belly and said I'm right where I should be, and could definitely tell my uterus is growing. My clothes are telling me the same thing!

In other news, Lewis has been eating a little better. He has gone back to yogurt and fruit most days, letting us feed him again, though breakfast has consistently been graham crackers. Who wants to fight with a cute boy early in the morning about food?! He's also eating chicken at night, most nights, and even had some chili earlier this week when Justin got brave. He had part of a ham and cheese sandwich today. It all gives us hope that he'll continue to progress in this area.

Speech-wise Lewis is verbalizing less than ever, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Again, it may just be a phase. He seems to talk most after a good meal, so the eating issues may be affecting his speech too. Hopefully if his eating improves he'll vocalize more too.

We're looking forward to warmer temperatures and longer days! :)

No comments: