Wednesday, May 14, 2008

big baby?

Yesterday we had another doctor's appointment and an ultrasound. We were surprised that our friend, Trina Whittle, got to do the ultrasound for us. This was our third ultrasound this pregnancy and had no idea that Trina worked for our group of doctors, so that was a nice surprise for us.

Dr. Gass mainly wanted to check the size of the baby since I'm measuring "big." My weight gain is steady, but oddly enough, my belly is growing at a faster rate! At 32 weeks, which I am now, I'm measuring closer to 35 weeks. After seeing the measurements from the ultrasound, it appears the baby is already approximately 5 lbs. 7 oz.! With a rate of growth of 1/2 lb. each week, in 4 more weeks it will be 7 1/2 lbs. In 8 more weeks, close to 9 1/2 lbs. That is a scary thought! But, he assured me that because my last delivery was at 38 weeks (actually just at the end of the 37th week) that I should deliver early again this time. So that is our hope and prayer. Of course, time will tell. With Lewis weighing only 7 lbs., 3 oz. at birth, it is hard to imagine having a baby much larger, but I know plenty of women who have survived birthing big babies!

Here are the ultrasound pictures:





































One more random note. The moms from our playgroup got to go out on Monday night to see Baby Mama. It was fun to get away from the kids and have some girl time. We had ice cream afterward at Baskin Robbins and took a picture.

















L to R: Tobiaire Utt, Shelley, Carrie Powell, and Sarah Wilson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne was more than 10 pounds when he was born... so it can be done... but my, my... well, I'm just glad it's you and not me!! Adoption is the way to go!!! About your sister's campaign... wow! That is nuts! I'd vote for a Reitmeyer anyday!!!!
-Darla O