Wednesday, August 06, 2008

10,000 B.C. ?

On Friday afternoon, right at 5 p.m., Lewis had been playing with our cable remote control while the TV was turned off. I was nursing Owen, so I didn't take it from him like usual and he lost interest quickly so I didn't think much about it.

A few minutes later I noticed our cable box displayed the letters "PLA" where a channel number usually is. I turned on the TV to find the lovely film 10,000 B.C. playing. Lewis had somehow managed to order this movie using the "On Demand" feature. When I pressed the info button, it said the cost for the movie was $4.

It amazed me that Lewis had pushed just the right buttons to order a movie that costs money, but also that he managed to pick the one film that got terrible reviews and that we are not at all interested in seeing. Had he picked most anything else, we probably would have watched it since the On Demand feature saves the film and you can watch it anytime.

I called on Monday and asked if we could get the charge taken off our account and the nice people at Insight granted our request. They also walked me through putting a PIN on our account so that Lewis could not do this again...........well, it would be extremely unlikely anyway! If you have a toddler and cable, watch out. You probably need to set up a PIN too.

1 comment:

Kelly & Nathan said...

Mark did the same thing with our TiVo... too bad Lewis didn't pick a better movie!