Thursday, January 28, 2010

chilled out owen

Just after my last post, on January 15, I had an IEP meeting at school to discuss some of Lewis' goals, especially regarding speech etc. I have to say that I'm so impressed with his school, the teachers and therapists and their love for Lewis. We knew they'd fall in love with him as we all have, but they really do care and are doing a great job. While I was gone, our good friend, Mandy Guss (I like to call her Mandarin) watched the boys. She is part of "Team Lewis" and did an ABA session with him just before my meeting so it was very convenient for her to stay a bit extra. She has an iPod Touch and both boys love it. It's like an iPhone that's not a phone. It has a ton of cool apps and the boys have taken to fighting over it if left to their own devices. I left in a hurry, and returned to find this:


Mandy was very carefully and gently rubbing Owen's feet and he had totally melted as a result. It was just so precious, I had to post these pics. Mandy has joined staff and is raising support to go overseas to Sweden long-term with Campus Crusade. For the moment, she is an essential part of our lives, providing therapy, friendship, at times childcare and we really appreciate her (and the rest of our team!). She's really flexible so we see her often.

I'm going to have to get her to show me her secret on this one.

No comments: