Friday, March 19, 2010

ABCs and library trip

Last week, I got to take Lewis to the library to get some books and videos. While I was checking out the kids' section, Lewis found a book about Mohammad Ali. The book had a picture of him on the cover in his standard boxing uniform: shorts and gloves, no shirt. Lewis started whimpering and said, "Put shirt on!" This happened over and over, followed by, "Put pants on!" It was rather humorous, but I felt bad for him not understanding why there might be someone who willingly had no shirt on, and why it might be okay. It's great that he noticed something different, all on his own.

He's also been going to the potty standing up. He needs help with that still. He tried on his own while I was getting Owen down for his nap and it was quite a mess. We were proud of his effort!

Owen, on the other hand, is spouting off his ABC's, numbers and colors like crazy. He's a little sponge, soaking up all kinds of information. Here's a video of a recent performance.


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Okay, so I don't know if you'll think this is weird or cool (I'm not sure what I think!), but maybe these would help Lewis: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3029679. They're foam targets that you put in the toilet to help potty training boys have something to aim at. Just thought I'd mention it:)

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

Anonymous said...

Fruit loops are cheaper to aim at....