Saturday, June 20, 2009

birthday eve

On the night before Owen's birthday, I thought I should post a quick note about the week. We are wrapping up Lewis' First Steps services. We had our last session with Leita, our OT, this week. She was so helpful in so many ways, but Lewis really loved the fun activities they got to do, and singing "My Little Horsie" while bouncing on her therapy ball.


Lewis has continued to make a lot of sounds this week. He is saying "me" now, and attempting words like "bye bye" and "apple" but many of them still need work. We are just so thrilled that he is understanding that HE can use his mouth to talk. He is especially likely to fill in words in songs if we stop singing at a word he knows......or reciting a part of a familiar book. It's fun to see what he will do. See for yourself.





Aunt Beth came to visit this weekend. We've been taking lots of walks downtown.


Beth has been helping the boys learn to share. Owen LOVES to share and play with people. This video is a good example of how he loves to give things to people, but also how he loves to put things in containers. He seems to be a magnet for his big brother too, and he has a knack for driving him nuts.

1 comment:

Mandy Guss said...

Wow! That is amazing! I'm sad I'm missing this progress while I'm in Colorado, but glad to be able to see it via video! Tell the boys I said Happy Birthday!