Monday, January 10, 2011

baby update--24 weeks + name

On Friday, I had my 24 week appointment. It was a busy couple of hours! I got to take the blood glucose test, run upstairs for an ultrasound (to check baby's profile that she hid last time) and then back down to the lab for the blood draw....and finally got to see the doctor. Everything seemed to go great. My sugar level was well below the cut-off for gestational diabetes which was encouraging, especially after the holidays! I was measuring closer to 25 weeks he said.

The baby's profile seems perfect, and she held her hands together in front of her face for a good portion of the time that I got to view her. Maybe she's praying?

And I bought our first baby girl dress! Kohl's had some great clearance items that I spotted while shopping for Justin's birthday. I got this little Christmas dress for $7.50 and another 6-9 month outfit for under $5.

Finally, we have landed on a name. We are going to call her Phoebe Corinne. Phoebe means bright and shining, while Corinne means maiden. We think it fits perfectly! Phoebe is also a Biblical person mentioned by Paul and commended as a servant. There were other things that pointed us to this name, but since we both agree we have to go with it! Both boys already know that baby Phoebe is inside mama's tummy. :)

No comments: