Tuesday, August 11, 2009

everything's bigger in texas

Justin and I made the long journey to Texas last week to attend the wedding of Adam Moore and Rebecca Pennington. Because it was such a memorable occasion we will likely have at least one post devoted to that event. It was somewhat convenient for me to get to see some family on the way there. My mom grew up in Dallas, and we made trips annually when we were kids. But it had been 3 years since I'd been, and it was great to see my Aunt Jan in Winnsboro, TX along with my cousin Leslie, her husband Mark, and their son Morgan (my second cousin). She took us to dinner at the Double C Steakhouse in Winnsboro, and it was probably the best steak we'd ever eaten.


We stayed at her house that first night, and got to stop by my Grandma's house (who is no longer with us) the next morning. It seems the folks who bought her house are putting in a pool. They have a ton of land, but decided to put the pool right by the road so I had to take some pictures.

On Thursday, we drove to Ft. Worth and passed Six Flags over Texas (which brought back fond memories from my youth)


and met up with my Aunt Marrion and my cousin Matt and some of his friends. We had lunch at Riscky's Barbecue. It was fantastic! And it was a really neat place at the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. We wished we were closer and could see these fun people more often.

Me and Justin at the Stockyards.


My cousin Matt and his girlfriend, Emmarie.


After all of this we drove to Austin in time for a late dinner with the other groomsmen. More wedding posts to come.

No comments: